Last update: 10-08-2021
This privacy statement explains how GREENZY uses the personal data we collect from you when you use our website.
The data controller (the controller)
Your personal data is collected and processed by GREENZY, a start-up company developing an intelligent indoor composting system.
Scope of the privacy statement
GREENZY attaches great importance to privacy and is therefore committed to protecting the personal data of all its stakeholders with the utmost care, and to processing personal data only in a fair and lawful manner. This privacy statement applies to our customers, partners and website visitors for personal data collected and processed by GREENZY through this website and related services.
This Privacy Statement contains essential information on how GREENZY, as data controller, collects and processes personal data, for what purposes and explains your rights as a data subject.
Overview of data processing
The term "personal data" includes all data that can be used to identify you personally. For detailed information on the purpose of data protection, please see our data protection statement, which we have included below this copy.
- What data do we collect?
GREENZY collects your e-mail address to subscribe to its newsletter.
- How do we collect your data?
We collect your data when you share your data with us. You may provide us with your personal data for the following activities, for the purposes and on the basis of the reasons set out below:
- Contact form or correspondence:
By completing the contact form on the website, you consent to Greenzy processing your name, email address and question or message. If you contact us directly (by email, telephone or letter), we will process your details and the content of that correspondence. We only use this information to process your question or message.
If you subscribe to our newsletter, you provide us with your name and email address. Greenzy collects this data on the basis of your consent and for the purpose of sending you relevant information and keeping you up to date with our latest news.
Our email campaigns are carried out via a supplier that strictly complies with the requirements of European regulations (RGPD). In order to track the emails sent, a pixel in gif format (also known as a "web beacon") is present in each email. This unique identifier makes it possible to trace the opening of an e-mail or the click on a link and also records the recipient's e-mail, IP address, date and time associated with each opening or click of a campaign.
- Sales and marketing :
When we take orders or make sales on our site, we store the following data: e-mail address, last name, first name, delivery address, billing address, telephone number.
The Facebook and Linkedin plug-ins on our site collect data to enable conversion tracking of users who browse the site. This tracking is carried out by means of pixels on the pages of the site.
- How will we use your data?
GREENZY collects your data so that we can :
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Keep you informed of the status of your pre-order.
- To send you general information and special offers on our products and services by email.
Under no circumstances will your data be transferred or sold to third parties (partners, suppliers, etc.). They will only be used in the context of the services provided by GREENZY and will only be processed by staff employed by GREENZY.
- Retention of your data
GREENZY recognises the importance of protecting personal data. We do not keep your personal data longer than is strictly necessary for the purposes for which we received the data, or for the performance of a contract or to comply with a legal obligation. Retention periods differ depending on the type of processing activity and the purpose for which the personal data was collected.
The personal data we collect on the basis of your consent will be retained by us for as long as your consent remains valid.
In any case, personal data may be retained for a longer period if there is a legal or regulatory reason to do so, or for a shorter period if the data subject objects to the processing of his or her personal data and there is no longer a legitimate reason to retain it.
We guarantee to provide only limited access to archived data and to delete or anonymise your personal data if the retention period has passed.
For your information, and as required by the RGPD, we keep the personal data of inactive persons for 36 months. We process requests for rectification, deletion or return within a maximum of 1 month.
- What are your data protection rights?
At any time, the data subject has the possibility to exercise his/her rights as described in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, official text here: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/FR/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679&from=FR)
- The right of access You have the right, at any time and free of charge, to access your personal data and to request a copy of the personal data that GREENZY collects about you.
- The right of rectification You always have the right to have incorrect personal data corrected or to have incomplete personal data completed.
- The right to erasure You have the right to request GREENZY to delete your personal data from its system.
The request to delete your personal data cannot always be granted due to contractual or legal obligations. GREENZY will take these obligations into account when responding to your request.
- The right to restriction of processing In some cases, the data subject has the right to have the processing of his or her personal data restricted. We will continue to store your data, but we will restrict its use. For example, you can make this request when you believe that your personal data is inaccurate, or that the processing by GREENZY is unjustified. We only have to comply with these requests in specific cases defined by law.
- The right to object You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if the processing is carried out on the basis of GREENZY's legitimate interest or on the basis of the public interest. We will cease processing unless we can prove compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or for the exercise of legal rights. You can also object in case of direct marketing, so that the personal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent For the processing of your personal data collected by GREENZY with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. For example, you can always unsubscribe from newsletters. However, the withdrawal of your consent does not apply to processing previously carried out by GREENZY.
- The right to data portability You have the right to receive the personal data processed by GREENZY in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or to transmit this data to another data controller.
These rights can be exercised free of charge by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org We undertake to respond to your request within one month of receipt. We may ask you for additional information beforehand to confirm your identity and to ensure that the request is really from you.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority if you feel that GREENZY is infringing on your privacy.
Contact: Belgian Data Protection Authority: Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Security and confidentiality of your personal data
Personal data is stored either digitally (in databases) or on paper. In both cases, GREENZY has taken technical and organisational security measures to prevent the destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal data to third parties and any other unauthorised processing of such data.
We may amend or update this privacy statement from time to time to reflect changes in our practices regarding the processing of your personal data, or changes in applicable law. We will do so by posting the updated version on this GREENZY website. When we post changes to our privacy statement, we will change the date and version number of the "last update" to our privacy statement. Significant changes will be posted on our home page. Nevertheless, we encourage you to periodically review our Privacy Statement.
- How to contact the competent authorities
Belgian Data Protection Authority: Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to contact us
Email : privacy[@]greenzy.be
Address : Rue du Halage 11, 1460 Ittre BE